UPI Energy FS, a leading supplier of petroleum and propane products and services throughout rural Ontario, is accepting applications for the position of Retail Accounting Clerk based out of the Guelph office.
This position is responsible for all accounting, recording and analytical functions pertaining to UPI’s Retail Gas Station business.
- Processes daily reporting files from Retail locations for sales, inventory and other reports.
- Processes bank deposits for Retail locations.
- Maintains Retail daily reconciliation of processing A/R accounts.
- Processes commercial credit card transactions from Retail locations.
- Prepares and processes related journal entries.
- Responsible for all Retail company operated location store accounting and reporting.
- Responsible for administration, support and development of POS system.
- Processes various credits and billings for Retail related transactions (deposit errors, credit card charge backs, etc).
- Month end reconciliation of accounts.
- Maintains all Retail Accounting notes and listings.
- Understands and complies with UPI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each specific accountability satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform specific accountabilities.
- Post-secondary education in accounting and/or previous financial accounting experience.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
Indoors with minimal physical effort required.
We would like to thank all individuals for applying, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.