UPI Energy FS, a leading supplier of petroleum and propane products and services throughout rural Ontario, is accepting applications for the position of Energy Coordinator based out of the Utopia branch office.
Under the direction of the Branch Manager, this position is responsible for scheduling drivers and establishing delivery routes to ensure that both least cost distribution and the required service levels are maintained.
- Ensures timely and cost-effective delivery of propane/petroleum to customers.
- Works via E-sys, AWD and RoadNet for effective scheduling of deliveries. Critical to the success of operating efficiently is ensuring that the systems are working properly and efficiently and that all customers are set-up on proper routes. Ensures no customer runouts while also targeting optimal deliveries.
- Management of RoadNet, AWD, and E-sys to ensure delivery information is accurate and set up properly.
- Establishes the efficient routing of delivery trucks to eliminate overtime and to maximize the hours of operation for each truck (least cost distribution).
- Ensures new customers are set-up on automatic delivery as required.
- Ensures service requests from drivers and customers are transferred to the Service Department.
- Assists in ensuring that all drivers are properly licenced, certified and trained. Including the maintenance of updating records.
- Ensures that all company policies and legislated requirements are adhered to by delivery staff, i.e. safety, credit, pricing, uniforms and vehicle maintenance.
- Visual Tank Inspections:
- Reviews inspection forms completed by drivers.
- Forwards reports to service that require improvement.
- Ensures that preventative maintenance measures are followed.
- Maintains communication with UPI Fleet services group to ensure trucks are regularly serviced and regulatory inspections and licenses are current and valid.
- Daily monitoring of GeoTab system to ensure compliance with legislative requirements and company policies (i.e. Hours of Work, violations, driving infractions) and follow-up with the drivers regarding any infractions.
- Promotes and encourages an environment where our drivers take pride in their trucks with an emphasis on safety.
- Completes all reports on time and maintains all records in an accurate and current status.
- Understands and complies with health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each specific accountability satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform specific accountabilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Suite.
- Good geographic knowledge and familiarity of territory.
- Experience in scheduling/dispatching/routing.
- Familiarity working with RoadNet and Otodata considered an asset.
Indoors in a controlled office environment. Some outdoor physical effort may be required within seasonal variations. Occasional irregular hours and overtime may be required.
We would like to thank all individuals for applying, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.