UPI Energy FS, a leading supplier of petroleum and propane products and services throughout rural Ontario, is accepting applications for the position of Oil Burner Technician based out of our Guelph Branch Office.
This position is responsible for providing maintenance, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, installation, repair, and removal of oil burner systems. Appropriate licenses are required.
- Provides competent professional service to propane and petroleum customers, with a focus on oil burner service including tank removals, new tank installations and general repairs and maintenance on oil fired equipment
- Completes and maintains proper documentationfor billing and service management.
- Counsels and advises customers on service issues.
- Provides “on call” emergency service.
- Works independently in the field and is responsible for managing time spent on various tasks.
- Maintains a proper image both personally and with the company service vehicle.
- Completes petroleum and propane system inspections as required by law
- Understands and complies with Company Health and Safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each specific accountability satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform specific accountabilities.
- OBT2 certification
- Valid G Driver’s Licence is required; DZ Licence considered an asset
- Experience with residential, commercial, and industrial oil burner system installation and repairs
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- G3 and/or G2 Gas Fitter’s Ticket considered an asset
Work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather. Driving is also required. Some lifting and working in awkward positions is necessary. Irregular “on call” hours are required to provide necessary service to customers.
If you are interested in applying, please click the APPLY NOW button, complete the form and submit.
We would like to thank all individuals for applying, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.