UPI Energy FS, a supplier of quality energy products and services, is accepting applications for the position of Energy Products Driver, based out of our location in Hanover, Ontario.
Your first goal will be to deliver petroleum and propane products in a safe and efficient manner. Along with this, you will ensure customer goodwill and satisfaction and that delivery of the product is on time and meets customer expectations. You will also be responsible for daily inventory control, sales tickets and for the safe operation and maintenance of the delivery truck. Above all, you will represent and promote the company in a competent and professional manner.
- Responsible for delivery of energy products in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provides automatic delivery of propane and maintains appropriate levels of product in customers’ tank(s). Ensures the proper completion of all associated documentation required for prompt invoicing, as well as collecting COD accounts as required.
- Ensures delivery of product is on time and meets customer expectations.
- Ensures company policy and legal requirements are followed in the delivery of product.
- Responsible for daily inventory control and sales tickets.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records of activities to enhance the distribution system and ensure customer satisfaction. Prepare daily records (e.g. daily truck report, pre and post trip vehicle inspections, and loading tickets).
- Checks and cleans truck and equipment on a daily basis, ensures safety of vehicle and equipment and reports problems to the supervisor.
- Ensures that proper servicing and lubrication and other maintenance is carried out as required by policy.
- Maintains self and uniform in a neat and tidy condition.
- Reports maintenance requirements of tanks and equipment to the Service Department.
- Makes sales calls to new potential customers, ensures profitable growth.
- Driver must hold current licenses/certificates as determined by UPI and the government, e.g. “D” drivers license with air brake endorsement, T1, P3 Propane Licenses, and Dangerous Goods card.
- The driver is responsible for the safety of truck equipment, for using safe loading and unloading procedures, and for safe transportation of the load.
- Represents and promotes the Company in a competent and professional manner.
- Understands and complies with Company Health and Safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each specific accountability satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform specific accountabilities.
- Class D Driver’s Licence with Air Brake Endorsement;
- Ideally has a fundamental knowledge of the agricultural industry;
- 3 - 5 years commercial driving experience;
- Strong attention to detail and sound judgement;
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use electronic devices.
Mostly outdoors and behind the wheel of a truck. Physical activity includes operating, loading/unloading equipment, inspecting vehicles and equipment, walking, climbing, occasionally in awkward positions, in an environment which may be characterized by changes in temperature. Working occasional irregular hours as needed; may include overtime, evenings, weekends, statutory holidays and on-call schedule. Handles hazardous product.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
If you are interested in applying please click the APPLY NOW button, complete the form and submit.
We would like to thank all individuals for applying, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.