Equal Payment Plan
To provide customers with added peace of mind through the winter season, UPI Energy FS is proud to offer the Equal Payment Plan to our qualifying home heat customers.
Whether you heat your home with furnace oil or FS Propane, the Equal Payment Plan provides you with the opportunity to be set up with equal monthly payments from September 1 to June 30.
The deadline to enroll for the upcoming 2021-2022 heating season is AUGUST 15, 2021!
How it works:
- The monthly payment amount is calculated by averaging your home heat usage over the last three years, divided over 10 months and includes a percentage for the annual increase in Carbon Tax (April 1) and cost of crude oil.
- All qualifying customers are automatically sent an Equal Payment Plan contract by mail.
- Confirm your enrollment in the program online no later than August 15, 2021.
- Spend the home heating season in comfort knowing exactly what your monthly payment will be from September 1 to June 30.
Why is my friend's payment lower than mine?
- Everyone's equal payments are different. Your payments are determined by a calculation of your average home heat usage over the last three years and includes a percentage for the annual increase of Carbon Tax and cost of crude oil.
What happens if I use less than my estimated usage?
- Should you use less than what we estimated and the payments received exceed the total dollar amount delivered, your June 30 statement will indicate a credit on your account.
What happens if I use more than my estimated usage?
- Should you use more than what we estimated and the payments received are less than the total dollar amount delivered, your June 30 statement will indicate a balance owing on your account.
How can I pay?
- Payment for the program can be made by automatic withdrawal or by credit card. Should you choose to pay by credit card, a member of our Credit Team will contact you to collect the necessary information.
I did not receive a contract but I am interested in the program. How can I sign up?
- If you did not receive a contract and are interested the program, please fill out this form and we will determine if you qualify. If you do not qualify, a member of our team will contact you.
I buy other products along with home heat propane or furnace oil. Can these products be bundled into my plan?
- Products other than home heat propane and furnace oil cannot be bundled into your Equal Payment Plan. Additional products (gasoline, diesel, DEF and lubricants) will be billed separately and appear on a separate monthly statement.
I received a contract and I do not want to be on the program. What do I do?
- You do not need to do anything if you do not wish to put your home heat propane or furnace oil on the Equal Payment Plan! If you have not enrolled by August 15, 2021 your original account terms will remain the same (payment due on the 20th of the month following or one of our other payment options).
Last year I was on the Budget Plan, will that be back this year?
- The Equal Payment Plan is the new name for the Budget Plan.
- Will my contract from last year automatically renew?
- The Equal Payment Plan does not automatically renew. To enroll for the 2021-2022 Equal Payment Plan, please click here.
How does this work with my Fixed Price?
- The Equal Payment Plan is separate from the Fixed Price Propane program. The Fixed Price program determines your price for the product while the Equal Payment Plan reflects your monthly payment based on a three-year average.
Am I able to reduce my monthly payment?
- The monthly payment is calculated based on a three-year average of your home heat usage and cannot be lowered. Should our calculation exceed your usage, your July statement will indicate a credit on your account.
What happens if my June 30 statement shows a credit?
- If your June 30 statement shows a credit of $300 or more, your refund will be issued to you automatically. If you have a credit of less than $300, that amount will remain on your account for the next season unless you request that it be returned to you.
- All credit refunds are issued by cheque, regardless of your payment method, for the Equal Payment Plan.
What happens if my June 30 statement shows a balance due?
- Any balance due at the end of the Equal Payment Plan will be automatically withdrawn in July, based on the payment method you selected at the beginning of the plan.